Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Isaac's Monocog



Here's a pic of my friend Isaac's Redline Monocog single speed.  He recently built up his own set of wheels which I think is pretty cool.  Isaac comes from a background in Motocross so he is no stranger to two wheeled contraptions and how to work on them.  In the wonderous realm of bicycle maintenance wheel building is the one task I have yet to learn.  That and fabricating my own frame out of metal tubes.

Here's the Specs:  (In his own words.)

Frame and Fork: 2010 Redline Monocog
Wheels: Hope Pro 2 32H (qr front, ss rear), Sun equalizers, Dt swiss champions, Red alum nips.....built by me.....for a grand total of 348 bucks!
Tires: Kenda Nevegals
Brakes: Avid BB7 with jagwire cables, tektro levers.
Seat: Charge spoon, raceface evolve post, hope clamp
Bars: Easton EA50 flat(685mm wide), chunky grips, flipped syncros stem.
Crank: Truvativ five D.
BB: Truvativ square
Chain: Sram PC 870
Cog: Surly
Pedals: Candy X

Nice job Isaac.  You will have a blast on that bike for sure.  I told Isaac I will get my mountain bike out and brush off the cobwebs and we will have to go riding.  I know pathetic- mtb still hanging in the garage with last year's dirt on it but here in springtime we get rain.   I gave up mud riding about 10 years ago.  I try to put in some road miles and cruise the bike paths on my recumbent until the trails dry out enough for knobby fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment