Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!



To celebrate New Year's Eve we like to go out with friends to the ski lodge at Snow Trails in north central Ohio.  The lodge provides a festive atmosphere to ring in the new year and we always have a great time listening to music and watching the revelers.  Different local bands are booked for the entertainment each year.  The Band Mad Gathering played a lively set of new and old rock classics right up till midnight. 

We found the only empty table right behind the drum kit giving us a unique perspective from which to watch the band.  Granted the sound was not the best at this position but it's not very often one can have a front row seat to watch the drummer ply his trade.  From my vantage point I could see the drummer's foot pedal and observe what symbols produced which crash.  Of course being only a few feet from the kit the drumming seemed to overpower the rest of the band's sound but with the set list made up from familiar favorites I have heard many times I thought it a cool treat to experience the music from this angle.



About this resolution business I would like to quote my father-in-law:  "I don't make new years resolutions because then I have to worry about keeping them all year." 
  
Good Luck in 2011.     


1 comment: