Saturday, March 12, 2011

QSL Card -- VE3CGC




My thoughts have been with the people of Japan.  Recent events brought to mind a QRP contact that I made last year using my MFJ 9040 5 watt CW transmitter.  Hiro was using a Icom 706 feeding 5 watts to a loop antenna.  Contacts between two operators who are both using QRP rigs and low power are extra special in my log book.  I've not yet worked a JA station with my meager antenna farm but I can say I have met a Japanese-Canadian ham on the air using my favorite mode Morse code. 

Best wishes and lots of hope for the people of Japan.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Mike....I've had the same thoughts because I've worked Hiro many times both from here in WV and also from the Outer Banks of North Carolina. He's an incredibly nice guy and travels to Tokyo sometimes. The last time I talked to him, he was using a new radio that he bought there. I hope his family is safe and sound. My thoughts and prayers are with all the Japanese people now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the disaster which Japan is suffering through, this card is the second coolest card I have ever seen. Yours takes first place but I do love the graphic simplicity of the two flags. Great back-story to boot!

    ReplyDelete